Wladis Law Firm attorneys have extensive experience representing lenders in the banking and finance industry. We’ve successfully closed hundreds of financing transactions ranging in size from smaller business loans to large multi-bank transactions that have loan amounts in the 10s of millions of dollars.
As expert banking and finance attorneys, we regularly represent lenders of all kinds, including several large publicly traded financial institutions listed on national stock exchanges, as well as several community-based banks and credit unions. Our financial lawyers focus on the structuring and documentation of transactions from inception through closing.
Services we provide include:
- Analysis of and advice on transactions, including deal structures;
- Preparation of commitment letters;
- Preparation and negotiation of transaction documents, including promissory notes, loan agreements, guarantees, and mortgages;
- Performing required due diligence and ensuring perfection of security interests for all types of collateral;
- Representing lenders in complex secured and unsecured financing transactions, including working capital, asset-based lending, revolving credit facilities, term loans, tax-exempt and taxable leasing transactions, and letters of credit;
- Advice on mortgage collateralized loans, including acquisition, construction, and refinancing;
- Serving as lead counsel on multi-bank transactions, including syndications, participation, and mezzanine financing; and
- Representing lenders in complex health care financing, involving both taxable and tax-exempt financing, and both bank-qualified and non-bank-qualified bond transactions.
Examples of recent lender representation include:
- Two senior-secured credit facilities in the aggregate of $16 million relating to the borrower’s refinancing of two assisted living facilities;
- Lead counsel for $32.5 million multi-bank syndication for refinancing of four skilled nursing facilities;
- An $18.2 million non-bank-qualified bond transaction related to borrower’s construction and equipping of a four-story student housing project on a community college campus;
- Counsel to national lender in connection with loans to borrowers for acquisition of dental practices; and
- A multi-credit facility totaling more than $37.5 million for the initial acquisition and subsequent expansion of a national safety products company.
Our banking law lawyers also have a broad background in representing financial institutions in U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) guaranteed loan transactions, including SBA 7(a), 504, Patriot Express, and SLA loan programs.