Our litigation lawyers are problem-solvers with years of experience resolving disputes for clients through negotiation, mediation, and when necessary, arbitration and litigation. We regularly appear in both state and federal trial and appellate courts, as well as before state and local agencies, departments, and boards.
Our clients include businesses, both large and small; government entities including municipalities, boards, and authorities; and individuals. We have represented manufacturers, mining operations, and energy producers, commercial businesses, governments, and individuals.
We regularly represent clients on matters that include:
- Commercial and business disputes, including breach of contract;
- Article 78 challenges to state government actions;
- Shareholder and partnership disputes;
- Boundary, easement, and right-of-way issues;
- Constitutional claims; and
- Environmental litigation, including Superfund matters, oil spill claims, agency appeals, and government enforcement.
Our experience includes:
- Successfully resolving a shareholder dispute that allowed the business and real estate to be sold to a third party;
- Negotiating real and personal property tax challenges for power plant operators;
- A Constitutional challenge to a local ordinance prohibiting the construction of billboards; and
- Negotiating and litigating numerous commercial claims, and securing the post-indictment dismissal of a multi-count felony indictment of a publicly-owned treatment works operator.