Timothy J. Lambrecht primarily focuses his practice on complex civil litigation, environmental law, and municipal law matters. Mr. Lambrecht is an experienced environmental law practitioner and litigator. He handles petroleum spill claims under New York’s Oil Spill Act, cleanup cases under CERCLA and various other environmental matters. He regularly consults with clients on environmental and land-use issues. He was selected by his peers from 2014 to 2021 as a Super Lawyer, Upstate New York Edition, in the areas of Environmental Litigation and Land Use & Zoning.
Mr. Lambrecht has extensive experience in federal litigation. He served as the confidential law clerk to two federal court judges in the Northern District of New York, the Hon. Daniel Scanlon Jr. and the Hon. Howard G. Munson. He represents businesses, individuals and government clients in state and federal court in business disputes, intellectual property, civil rights and constitutional law matters. He frequently acts as local counsel for actions pending in the Northern District of New York.
Mr. Lambrecht regularly advises municipalities on environmental/land-use, zoning, economic development and legislative issues and assists municipalities with the issuance of complex RFPs and formation of land banks. He also provides counsel to businesses and individuals on employment issues.
Admitted to Practice
- State of New York
- Ohio State University College of Law, JD
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, MA
- State University of New York at Buffalo, BA
- New York State Bar Association
- Oil Spill Committee
- Task Force on Licensed State Professionals
- Onondaga County Bar Association
- Chair, Environmental Section
- Board of Directors, Onondaga County Bar Association’s Lawyer Referral Service
- Past Board of Directors, Air and Waste Management Association of Central New York